Best AU Sports Betting Sites is Australia’s favorite guide to the best sports betting in Australia. Sports Betting in Australia is a form of gambling where punters can bet on sports matches or sports events to win real money. Interest in Australian online sports betting websites has grown exponentially with the growth of the internet and mobile technology. Aus Sports betting sites provide sports betting odds that help the bettor when deciding which outcome to wager on. Australian punters can also bet on likely events during the match from other sports betting lines. We provide sportsbook reviews to help you find the best sports betting offers.
If you are new to betting on sports our step by step guides will show you how to bet on sports as well as the best sports to bet on. When it comes to Australian sports betting the most popular competitive sports to bet on include Aussie Rules Football, Rugby, Cricket betting & tennis betting. Also, Aussies enjoy esports betting & horse racing. Keep scrolling to find top sports betting tips to help you win real money. Then find daily odds on the most popular Aussie sports or go straight to our list of the best sports betting websites in Australia.
Top Online Sports Betting Sites Australia
Best Sports Betting Sites Topics
- Best Australian Sports Betting Websites 2020: Bet on Sports
- How to Choose the Best Sports Betting Site in Australia
- Top Rated Australian Sports Betting
- How to Bet On Sports AU
- Top 10 Sports Betting Reviews
- Best Online Sports Betting Tips
- Australian Sports Betting Odds
- Top Online Sports Betting Offers in Australia
- Best Sports Betting Sites by Picks
- Top Sports Betting Websites by Payouts
- Real Money Sports Betting AU by Payments
- Bet on Sports with Mobile Apps
- Online Sports Betting for AU Bettors
- Best Online Sports Betting Sites AUS FAQs
- Latest Sports Betting News
How to Choose the Best Sports Betting Site in Australia
When deciding where to bet, it’s essential to consider what the online sports betting websites offer their AU bettors. For many Aussies, the only requirement is being able to bet. However, this can be damaging, both legally and for your wallet. At BestAUBettingSites.com, we usually inspect five aspects while reviewing online sports betting sites. Use these criteria when you're checking out our list of best online sports betting sites:
- Australian Sports Betting Legality– first, you have to ensure that the sports betting site is legally allowed to take bets in your state (and pays taxes). So, any website licensed in Northern Territory will have to be approved in Queensland, etc.
- Sports Betting Safety & Security– before signing up, we recommend checking the security certificate of the sports betting websites for encryption. If a sports betting site is encrypted, your money will be protected.
- Best Sports Betting Odds– when all the legal stuff is out the way, the next requirement is excellent odds. When it comes to sports betting AU, higher odds are the best part. You’ll need to do a little research on this one for the best online bookmaker.
- Variety of Aus Sports Betting– where there are great odds, there are great sports. Any bookmaker worth their salt will offer bets on every sport available to Aussie online punters. More sports also mean more bets, so it’s a win-win situation.
- Sports Betting Offers– most importantly, there should be a bonus for your first deposit at a sports betting site. We generally expect this at any online sports betting site, so sports betting sites are no exception.
Top Rated Australian Sports Betting
When betting online, it’s vital to know which sports are covered by Australia sports betting websites. In Australia, this will be the most popular sports nationally and internationally. This range of online sports betting AU markets adds a lot of excitement to real money sports betting Australia. After all, more sports mean more chances of making money on sports betting. Look out for these top sports on your favourite sports betting website. Here’s a full list of the commonly offered sports betting markets for AU bettors:
AFL Betting Websites
Aus sports betting is mainly focused on Aussie rules, the greatest sport in the world. When we review sports betting websites, we immediately look for AFL sports betting markets. If there’s no footy, we just leave.
Cricket Betting Sites
There’s nothing quite like cricket and watching a day’s match. Of course, the bets keep rolling, so we also look for cricket sports betting markets quite fast. So, we like to see variety from sports betting sites here.
Online eSports Betting Websites
As the fastest growing sports market, esport betting has to be represented. Even if you don’t really understand the mechanics, there are so many matches that it’s easy to make money on eSports betting.
Horse Racing Betting Sites
Since this is a staple of the Aus sports betting industry, we expect constant updates on horse racing. We want every bet on every race and good sports betting odds at all times. If there’s no racebook, we won’t recommend the sports betting site.
Fantasy Sports Betting Websites
Another addition to sports betting is Daily Fantasy Sports. These markets are based on fictional teams and matches. However, AU bettors only earn points on players who win. While we don’t expect Daily Fantasy Sports betting from every website, we like the option.
More Sports Betting Sites
Top 10 Sports Betting Reviews
We've compiled our personal picks for sports betting sites below that we like to use. These are the top ten sports betting sites in Australia according to our experts. Individually, we all found the best sports betting sites that offer popular sports betting markets to Aussies. So, here are our top picks for sports betting Australia sites:
- Neds Betting Site (Best for Sports Markets)
- YouWager Betting Site (Best for Reliability )
- ClassicBet Betting Site (Best for Fast Deposits)
- Titanbet Betting Site (Best for Quick Payouts)
- TopBetta Betting Site (Best for AFL Bets)
- Madbookie Betting Site (Best for Point Spreads)
- Ladbrokes Betting Site (Best for Overseas Odds)
- Draftstars Betting Site (Best for Fantasy Sports Betting)
- BetEasy Betting Site (Best for Sports Australia Markets)
- Betfair Betting Site (Best for Bet-Exchanges)
How to Bet On Sports AU
AU bettors can even make a deposit and bet the real money Australian sport betting websites using AUD$. To make things even easier, our experienced team of Internet gamblers have carefully reviewed and ranked the top betting websites to bring Aussies the best sports betting websites in Australia in a handy list.
- Aussie bettors can deposit, place wagers and cash-out with ease at secure AUD$ sports betting websites we’ve listed.
- Each month we rate and review dozens of AU sports betting websites to bring AU bettors the best to choose from. Be sure to visit this month’s top pick: Neds Sportsbook.
- 100s of betting markets for sports betting are available right now.
- Bet on sports with absolute confidence with our top picks.
- We've got the latest odds to make betting on sports easier.
Sports betting is growing fast in Australia, with thousands of bets placed every day at AU sports betting websites. In this guide, we’ll walk AU bettors through the basics of sports betting, from real money bets to strategies for every sport. We also promise to give fair and honest reviews for the best sports betting websites AU, teams and betting systems. More so, we’ll provide you step by step guides to placing the right gambles at the right time with fully explained betting lingo.
Of course, you’ll need to watch the match or find the results when the time comes. As it so happens, Australia has the best sports coverage through traditional television and live streaming online. What this means for AU bettors and sports fans is 24-hour coverage every day of the year. Most AU online sports betting websites also offer their coverage of the game in real-time. So, check out our trusted and reviewed online sports betting websites AU to get started.
Best Online Sports Betting Tips
AU sports betting tips are an important part of making money on sports. That’s why we’ve gathered our best sports betting tips for AU bettors right here. These sports betting tips come from experts who have combined experience of 30 years.
- Sports Betting Tips 1: Always gamble responsibly when Australia sports betting online and never use insider information.
- Sport Betting Tips 2: Keep track of every bet and deposit for money management.
- Sports Betting Tips 3: Only use 10% of your overall budget for a single bet to conserve your bankroll.
- Sport Betting Tips 4: Use promotions offer sparingly, especially when the terms and conditions aren’t specific.
- Sports Betting Tips 5: Follow all promotional terms and conditions before trying to cash out.
- Sports Betting Tips 6: A free bet offer is usually offered for particular gambling online Australia sports.
- Sport Betting Tips 7: Pick your odds carefully on sports betting websites.
- Sports Betting Tips 8: Find supported mobile online sports betting sites or apps to take the excitement anywhere.
Australian Sports Betting Odds
Now, we need to discuss probabilities and how AU sports betting websites represent them. Most Australian sports betting websites will use sports betting lines to represent the odds. These will usually be decimal sports betting odds because Aussies keep things humble. Still, we have to advise on opening and closing odds first, because these determine a sports betting payout. Opening sports betting odds are the first lines provided on a match while closing chances will reflect the overall statistics. Checking the sports betting fixtures and initial bet is important to ensure your sports betting winnings are what you expect.
- Sports Betting Moneyline Chances – these are the most popular odds for American and international sports betting websites.
- Decimal Sports Betting Lines – most sports betting websites will offer decimals for the overall head-to-head. In this case, a lower decimal is also the favourite to win. When calculating a payout, it’s vital to keep these decimals in mind for expected value (EV).
- Fractional Odds Sports Betting – in sports betting, fractional odds are the most direct and easy to understand. These will usually show a more substantial number divided by a smaller amount, e.g. 9/1, 8/5, 21/6, etc. Often, these will be fixed odds when sports betting markets close.
If you’re using international sports betting websites, they’ll usually go for moneylines. At that point, we recommend converting sports betting odds with either the site’s calculator or one online.
Top Online Sports Betting Offers in Australia
Now that we’ve got all the boring stuff out of the way, it’s time to take a look at actually betting money. Just like playing sports properly, there’s a technique for placing wagers online. More importantly, you’ll need to know how to pick the right bets. And so, we’ve outlined the basics for Australian bettors below with our best sports betting sites tips.
Best Sports Betting Sites by Picks
Sports betting picks are an integral part of your online experience. The odds offered for online sports betting picks Australia are used to estimate the overall profit of a bet. In Australia, an online sports betting site will offer picks and odds that favour the team or player with a better track record. However, setting these odds and updating them depends entirely on performance. Betting lines will constantly change before and during the game according to the probability of a win, bonus bets or a tie.
This is similar to Poker in a way because some teams will have a good run and then falter. The same goes for a team that has a bad series and suddenly performs better. Since online sports betting is based on chance and luck, these events make predictions difficult. Still, it’s possible to win legally if you’re only making an educated guess on a winning margin.
Top Sports Betting Websites by Payouts
When determining your sports betting odds payout, we recommend checking the odds and offers continuously. If you make specific bets, it’s highly likely that your odds of winning are low. Of course, Aussie professional sports are known for surprises. To calculate your eventual winnings, we’ve made a basic overview of the odds we mentioned before for Australian sports betting.
- Moneyline Odds– these are the most popular odds for international sportsbooks. A good example is a moneyline of +150 or -150 for two teams because the team with a negative line is likely to win. These odds will usually be combined with decimals for AU bettors at Australian online gambling sites.
- Decimal Odds– When calculating a payout, it’s vital to keep these decimals in mind for expected value (EV). To calculate the EV, you can use the odds for the two teams multiplied by the probability.
- Fractional Probabilities – In these cases, a payout will use the more significant number multiplied by your bet and then divide by the smaller. In effect, betting AU$5 with odds of 9/1 will pay out AU$45 for a win. Online gambling in Australia typically uses a classic moneyline, but overseas sportsbooks offer these.
Real Money Sports Betting AU by Payments
While free bets are fun, winning real money from Australia sports betting is far more rewarding. When making real money bets, it’s good to have a few deposit options to choose from. These should also be available when wagers payout. At Australian sportsbooks, there are a few trusted payment options we recommend to bet on sports.
- Debit & Credit Cards
If you’re already got a trusted banking option, use it to claim the best online sports betting bonuses. These offers are especially helpful for major sporting events when parlay bets and other predictions are available. So, be sure to grab the best bets with trusted online sports betting sites, but always read the terms and conditions first.
Bet on Sports with Mobile Apps
It would be irresponsible of any betting site not to cater for mobile. These days, many AU bettors prefer using their smartphones or tablets to place wagers. That’s why we only recommend the best betting sites who have optimised their products for mobile phones. In fact, we award bonus ratings for a great user-experience. This makes it easy to bet on sports with real money and get the best deals on odds.
Online Sports Betting for AU Bettors
Generally, online betting is a fun pastime for most AU bettors who want to try their luck. However, this can sometimes get out of control, and a gambler might need some help. In Australia, there are many organisations available to help anyone struggling with problem gambling. There is no shame in getting help and acknowledging when to walk away. So, contact these organisations to get started.
- Gamblers Anonymous: visit https://gaaustralia.org.au/
- Problem gambling help online: (1800) 858 858 or visit https://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/
- Lifeline Australia: (026) 215 9400
- Gam-Anon: visit https://www.gam-anon.org/
Best Online Sports Betting Sites AUS FAQs
Is Online Sports Betting AU Legal?
In 2018, an amendment to the Interactive Gambling Act made it possible for AU bettors to bet legally through AU online sportsbooks. However, the sportsbook must be registered, licensed and regulated in Australia. What’s more, they must follow specific state laws and pay taxes accordingly. On the bright side, all of our top listed sites follow these laws to the letter. So, there’s nothing for Aussies to worry about while placing bets and collecting winnings. Provided that they use an online sports betting site that's licensed to operate in Australia, of course.
Where can I find out how to open an Aussie online betting account?
Why right here, of course. We’ve listed the top-rated bookmakers in Australia, and they all have an easy sign-up process. Just follow our steps for how to open a betting account below:
- Choose a sportsbook.
- Click ‘sign up’ and supply your details.
- Verify the account once you’ve completed their steps.
- Make a deposit.
- Start betting on sports.
Is Australian sports betting rigged?
Sometimes, yes. However, this depends entirely on the type of site you choose to use. For many AU bettors, spotting a bad sports gambling site can be difficult. So, we recommend checking their credentials before signing up or putting money on the line. We recommend using licensed AU sports betting websites listed on our site because we’ve verified
their security and legality. Bad sites will usually mistreat bettors by withholding funds, cancelling bets or offering false odds. Always double-check the facts and the bookmaker slips for the best Australian sports betting sites.
What does over under mean in sports betting?
Generally, a bookmaker’s odds compiler (or trader) works out the probabilities and then sets the sportsbetting lines for the outcomes. These are verified multiple times for AU bettors before being posted on Aus sports betting sites.
How do sports spread betting work?
A spread in sports gambling is a great way for AU bettors to hedge their bets by betting on both teams. Commonly referred to as a point spread, this option depends on the accuracy of your guess instead of a win or loss. AU bettors wager on the score and performance for a match when placing a point spread bet.
What is the line in AU sports betting?
Line betting is a form of handicapping, where a bookie will set a winning margin. Keep in mind that line betting is only used for events with two likely outcomes. Sites that offer online gambling Australia will generally offer wider bets for the same outcome.
Can you make a living off best sports betting AU?
Yes, you can by trying to be a ‘sharp’ bettor. Sharp AU bettors make long-term bets and expect to win thousands. By learning to spot betting trends and make wagers accordingly as a skill. But most sportsbooks don’t encourage this because they prefer recreational bettors who expect to lose.
There’s nothing wrong with sharp bets, but they could land Australians in trouble. Many bookmakers also expect their bettors to follow ‘codes of practice’, usually hidden in the terms and conditions.
Latest Sports Betting News
Aus sports betting news is extremely important for AU bettors as it impacts the markets. Whether a player is injured or decides to leave their team, we will update AU bettors every day on Aus sports betting. After all, we’re bettors too, and we like to be up to date. Only the best sports betting news makes it through though, we’re going to be honest. We’ll mostly keep tabs on the Aus sports betting like AFL, rugby, motorsports, and esports betting.
If you’re interested in Aus sports betting markets after reading our blogs, we’ve listed them. Just to make things easier, we like to list only our most trusted Aus sports betting websites. We’ve verified them by making bets with our own money, so they are pretty trustworthy.
- Rugby Australia’s Folau Settlement Raises More Criticism Due to the Player’s Many Remarks
- Essendon eSports Team Sold to Pentanet.GG After the AFL Club Pulls Out
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix F1 Final Results, Winner & Season Highlights
- Israel Folau Files for $14 Million in Damages After Being Fired by Rugby Australia & Infuriates Fans
- WADA Committee Investigation in Russian Doping Could Result in Four-Year Ban
- Australia’s Elite Rugby Academy is Now Open & Ready to Start Drilling the Next Big Wallabies’ Stars
- Formula 1 Stewards Seize Ferrari Parts as Part of Engine Investigations
- AFL Draft 2019: Everything Punters Need to Know about the Next Season’s Picks
- Cameron Clyne to Quit Rugby Australia in 2020 after Four Years in Charge
- Formula 1 Brazilian Grand Prix 2019 Winner & Full Race Highlights
60 Marcus Clarke St, Canberra, ACT 2601
(02) 6262 9700