Online betting is one of the easiest ways to gamble online. Many Australians are using their phones, tablets and computers to place bets without going to a betting shop. Since it’s so easy to place a wager, we decided to put together this guide for beginners. After all, punters want to make the most of their bets and make money with online betting websites. So, use our trusty guide to make a profit betting online today.
But first, we’ll need to strip everything down to the basics. Online gambling is one of the biggest industries in Australia, with legalised sports betting taking the lead. There are plenty of bookmakers with websites and apps for every Aussie’s taste. In fact, their apps and websites are some of the easiest to use, according to the Best AU Sports Betting team. More so, the betting lines offered are competitive and constantly adjusted during the sports events.
Best Internet Betting Bonus Offers
Is Online Betting Illegal in Australia?
How does Online Betting work?
How to Make Money with Online Betting
While it’s all good and well to know what online wagering is, the bigger question is: ‘How can I make money on betting?’ Well, we have the answers ready and waiting. Keep in mind that betting strategies and tricks can only take you so far. Even though you can become a sharp bettor, gambling is based on chance. Additionally, nothing is guaranteed in professional sports, so bet carefully.
Choosing an Online Betting Website
When wagering online, it’s essential to pick the best site for your needs. Some sites have better odds, some have better payouts, and some have better bonuses. Choosing the right online gambling site for you means careful research. Knowing how they work by reading reviews is the best way to ensure your experience is safe, fair and accurate.
Find the Best Promotions Offers
Before making a final decision, it’s always a good idea to read up on the promotional terms and conditions for your site. Any real money bonuses have wagering requirements and specific bets to make. Knowing which bonus works will also enhance your gambling experience. Also, that extra cash can come in handy for live betting. Promotion offers can come in many forms, such as:
- Free bonus bets
- Deposit match bonuses
- No deposit bonuses
Creating an Account
To get started with online betting, punters will need to create an account. This is usually quick and simple. First, bettors can sign up with a valid email address and password. Then, they will need proof of identity, residence and any supporting documents to verify the account. Generally, this will take up to ten minutes to process. After that, Aussies will be able to start betting.
When a betting account is created and verified, AU gamblers can then claim a welcome bonus. Usually, online betting sites offer a deposit match bonus to new bettors. These bonuses will match a deposit up to a certain amount. To make the first deposit, Aussies can use a secure payment service. The most popular options are:
- Bank Transfer
- Credit Cards
- Debit Cards
- Prepaid Cards
Learn the Types of Bets & Odds
Now it’s time to focus on the real focus of gambling activities, how to bet and what bets to make. For most gamblers, the end-outcome of a match is the first bet that comes to mind. However, there are plenty of other options for Aussies. Almost every aspect of online sports gambling is covered by bookmakers, from the winner to the final score. We’ve outlined the most popular Australian betting options to get you started.
- Money line – moneylines are the easiest betting odds, because bettors wager on who will win. These odds are based on an outright winner, with one as a favourite.
- Prop bets – proposition or prop bets can be made on almost anything, from a player’s performance to how many times a certain thing happens. These bets are not directly tied to the outcome of the game.
- Point spreads – these bets are similar to money lines, but allow gamblers to bet on the outcome within a margin. For example, betting on how many points will be scored between two numbers.
- Fixed odds – bookies rarely offer fixed odds on sports, but will sometimes allow them for lesser events. These will not change from the time they are offered.
- Game totals – these bets are based on the combined scores for a sports match. Bettors will decide whether or not the total score will be over or under the tally.
- Futures – these long-term bets focus on the overall tournament or team performance. These bets will only pay off at the end, so don’t expect a quick buck.
Start Betting on Online Sports Fixtures
It’s time to put your money where your mouth is and bet. The best part of Australian betting is being able to wager on every sport imaginable. More so, live betting ups the ante for sports fans through live streaming and TV coverage. Throughout the game, Aussies can make new bets and changes to their bets until the very end. This allows for a lot more freedom than before. Here are just a few great sports to start wagering on:
Best Online Betting Tips in Australia
No betting guide is complete without a few expert tips. First, we need to remind you that no betting strategies are fool-proof or guarantee a win. Gambling is never fixed, and all sports are unpredictable.
- Only bet 10% of your overall budget – this may seem low, but it can keep losses low when bets fall through. Bankroll management is vital for successful online betting. More so, even sharp bettors can lose it all.
- Never use inside information – this is illegal, especially for Aussies. If you are found using any information that is not publicly available and profit from it, you will face criminal charges.
- Always gamble responsibly – because problem gambling is rising in Australia, we always recommend gambling responsibly. This can be achieved by making smaller bets, and walking away from a losing streak. If you feel at risk of gambling addiction, we recommend getting help and temporarily closing your betting site accounts.
- Only use safe betting sites – our team of experts have reviewed and rated every online betting website we list. We can guarantee their safety and fairness. What’s more, we know how they operate and will always be honest about the site.