Motor sports are some of the most bet on racing events in the gambling industry. With so many great competitions, ranging from Formula 1 Grand Prix races to Moto Grand Prix championships. What makes motor racing so exciting is that these events each have unique draws. For example, the season opening of Formula 1 usually shows off a new sports car design feature. On the other hand, the excitement of the MotoGP races comes from the super-fast, compact motorbikes. Then, there’s the NASCAR races in the United States to think about. All this (and more) is available to bet on at Aussie online motor sports betting sites.
Of course, there’s a lot more to it than that. Every year, the teams and manufacturers go head to head to prove that their cars, and bikes, are the best. So, with such high stakes, we’ve decided to give Australians our best tips for betting on motorsports. More specified pages will be linked later in this guide. But, if you’d prefer to skip all that and get to the betting, we’ve listed the best online gambling sites below.
Most Popular AU Motor Sports Betting Sites
Latest Motor Sports News
How to Bet on Motor Sports Racing
- Pick a great online sportsbook
- Choose a race
- Choose a driver and bet type
- Confirm your bets
- Enjoy the race
- Collect any winnings
Major Motor Racing Events
The calendar year is packed full of motor racing events, with the most exciting happening near the end. So, to get started with betting, we recommended checking each racing series for the favourites to win. While they may not win every time, the endurance of each racer plays a role in their standings. What’s more, keeping track of the manufacturers and teams can also help with bets. Here are just a few race categories that we think would be profitable for AU punters.
Motor Sports Car Races
- Open-Wheel Racing – this category includes events like the F1 Grand Prix and IndyCar, where cars are lower on the track for speed.
- Touring Car Racing – Australia’s best touring event is the Supercars Championship, and other international events are available.
- Sports Car Racing – supercars, also known as grand tourers (GTs), have a full contact format and the best events are the FIA World Endurance Championship and FIA GT1 World Championship.
- Production-Car Racing – also known as ‘showroom stock car’ racing, is exemplified by Japan’s Super Taikyu event.
- One-Make Racing – these races feature one manufacturers stock car, with events like Formula Renault, Clio Cup and Formula BMW featuring these cars.
- Stock Car Racing – these races take place primarily on oval tracks for events like the Daytona 500 and Monster Energy Cup Series.
- Rallying – these races feature road legal cars for the World Rally Championship, Targa Tasmania and Targa New Zealand.
- Off-Road Racing – specially modified cars take part on dirt tracks or cross-country formats. Popular championships include Paris-Dakar & Dakar Rally.
All motorcycle races are classed on the engine power of the bike. More so, they’re classified by the type of bike, race surface and the length of the race.
- Road Races – like Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix take place on circuits or closed off roads with prototype vehicles.
- Superbikes – races like the Australian Superbike Championship focus on high power modified production bikes.
- Super Sport Racing – the Super Sport World Championship generally features modified production bikes with four-stroke engines.
- Motocross – these races also feature production motorcycles with smaller engines. Races include the Supercross and Supermoto.
- Endurance Racing – these races test the durability of bikes and rider endurance on longer tracks. Popular races include the Enduro, Rally and Hare Scramble formats.
Best Motor Sports Betting Tips
When it comes to online betting, there are always some rather important factors to keep in mind. At Best AU betting sites, we urge any punters to be careful while gambling. So, we’ve got some helpful advice for anyone betting on motor sports:
- Always read promotional terms and conditions carefully before claiming bonus bets.
- Keep a close eye on your bankroll and walk away from too many bets.
- Gamble responsibly and limit your beers while betting, save those for the race.
- Keep track of every wager you make on your profile, especially just before a race, to check the odds.
- Always read between the lines for booster bets.